On our site we collect the following:
- Location (based on IP address or allowed by user)
Information is collected from you when you:
- On page loading, when it is based on IP address
- After User allows to share its location (by pressing (touching) a browser provided notification)
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience
- To improve the website
- To improve customer service
How do we protect visitor information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We may not use an SSL certificate
- We only provide articles and information, and we never ask for personal or private information
Do we use ‘cookies’? (Find more about our cookies here)
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits,
• Keep track of advertisements,
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
- Disabling of the cookies won’t affect the users experience except parts showing local information
Third Party Disclosure
- We may transfer your non-identifiable information to third parties. We may also transfer your identifiable information, but only to trusted third parties
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- We may use Google Adwords Advertising on our website.
- We may have implemented the following:
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
- We and third party vendors such as Google use:
To compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Opting out:
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously
How does our site handle do not track signals?
- We honor them and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
- We do not allow
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- We do not specifically market to children under 13
Fair Information Practices
- In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in site notification
• Within 10 business days
We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.